Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mosaic remix

Working with my group on our remix mosaic project this week made me think about all the things you can say with a mosaic. you can use the message of the images you are putting together to create a whole new image. This way you can use the meaning of the images you're remixing to create a new meaning for the image you're creating.
A quick google search brought up this flickr account and in particular this image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bumper314/477501/

the image of George W. Bush is created out of pictures of soldiers who have died in Iraq since the American invasion in 2003. Using these images creates a whole new meaning in a simple portrait of Bush. It invokes strong ideas of responsibility and blame.

Similar to the way that my group used different images from the KW Art Gallery to create a message of participation in local art and community.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a mosaic, and I agree that it can be used to completely change an interpretation of a cultural object. I am just wondering out of curiousity, what is the over-all message that you want your mosaic to say? Or if that's asking too much, I can just find out in your presentation. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete