Sunday, February 6, 2011

Norwegian Recycling

By far, my favourite mashup: Norwegian Recycling - Miracles

A combination of several recognizable songs, mashed up together to create a completely different song with new meaning. Artists such as Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Jason Derulo, Snoop Dogg, Gnarles Barkley, Survivor and the list goes on. I just love how they take rather 'meaningless', non-inspiring pop songs and turn it into something of a rather inspirational song. Here are some of the lyrics:

I see miracles, miracles so many times
Does that make me crazy?
I see miracles all over the world
In this moment now, capture it, remember it

Do you feel any different about the original songs? Does the new meaning speak to you at all or is the knowledge of the original artists and songs too overpowering, not allowing you to enjoy it?
Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment